No progress as US, Cuba meet on mysterious ‘health attacks’

Ralph Lauren’s 50th Anniversary Show Was Eye-Popping. Then Came the Clothes.
September 15, 2018
North Carolina teacher goes viral for 1,080th day of school sign
September 17, 2018
Loading...

Cuba mentioned Thursday the usa is ongoing to hold back important information which could help in the particular investigation directly into mysterious occurrences that have hurt some 2 dozen Havana-based American diplomats, including a few with mind damage, given that late 2016.

After ending up in U. S i9000. officials in the State Section, members of the team Cuba assembled to appear into the situations said their own requests pertaining to patient information and other details had once again been rebuffed and declined anew right after Washington’s statements that the accidental injuries were brought on by targeted episodes.

“The Cuban side is totally unable to assistance the speculation of wellness attacks plus brain harm as documented by the Condition Department, inch said Doctor Mitchell Valdes Sosa, key of the group associated with Cuban researchers and doctors. “Nothing had been presented which could add up to maintain such a point. ”

The particular Cuban abordnung renewed demands the State Section to release into it specific healthcare records as well as other data in regards to the victims to ensure that it to become studied.

Additionally, it repeated needs that Wa stop mentioning the cause of the outward symptoms as “health attacks” within the absence of conclusive proof plus denounced reviews citing Oughout. S. authorities as saying investigators might be narrowing their particular suspicions regarding the cause plus culprit to their rear.

“The Condition Department continues to be treating ideas as if these were facts, inch said Johana Tablada, the senior Cuban diplomat who else led the particular team.

Thursday’s meeting happened as United states authorities look for answers in to mysterious “health attacks” that will began 2 yrs ago within Havana and amid growing frustration among national security agencies and members of Congress concerning the lack of answers on what and who caused the injuries.

Recent reports have suggested investigators are focusing on the chance that some sort of microwave device could be responsible and that Russia, which has long had close ties with Cuba, may be the leading suspect for the attacks.

Hawaii Department, but has denied that any conclusions have been drawn.

“We still have no idea the cause, we still have no idea what or who is in charge of health attacks that occurred that affected our personnel in Cuba, ” spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters on Thursday.

She didn’t address a Cuban obtain “a dispassionate examination of health reports of U. S. diplomats in Cuba based on the rules of science” but said the meeting would “involve private medical information that is coming forth from some of our people. ”

The Cubans, however , said no such information was shared beyond what was previously available in a published medical journal report, which they among others have found to be inconclusive

Those reports have raised protests from Cuba, which does not dispute the symptoms but insists there is absolutely no evidence to aid any assertion that they were caused by premeditated attacks on its soil or that there surely is evidence to point too a perpetrator.

Cuba has repeatedly denounced the U. S. accusations as politically motivated and unproven and did so again on Thursday. “Stop using the word ‘attack. ‘”

Twenty-five U. S. Embassy workers in Cuba, in addition to one at the U. S. consulate in Guangzhou, China, have already been affected by mysterious health incidents that began in nov 2016. The number of symptoms and diagnoses includes mild traumatic brain injury, also called concussion.

The final case from Havana was confirmed in June. The U. S. said two embassy staffers were affected in a single occurrence in late May in a diplomatic residence of which both officers were present. Those were the first confirmed cases in Havana since August 2017.

Thursday’s meeting was organized after Cuba complained that Washington has refused to talk about key information regarding the affected Americans’ medical ailments. Sosa said the talks were a “productive and incredibly cordial scientific meeting but we received no new information. ”

In classified briefings with congressional aides and lawmakers last week, the officials repeated that they hadn’t come to any conclusions in what caused the injuries or who may be responsible for them, according to officials familiar with the meetings.

Initial speculation had centered on some form of sonic attack, owing to strange sounds heard by those affected. But an interim FBI report in January found no evidence that sound waves could have caused the damage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *